· If you are ill, see your health care provider.
· To report an emergency, call 911.
· If you are a physician calling to report an infectious disease, please call 651-201-5414 or 1-877-676-5414.
· If you suspect a food-related illness, please contact 320-656-6000 or 1-877-366-3455.
There are a variety of diseases that may be spread by mosquitoes. The number of mosquitoes that are actually capable of causing infection in humans is relatively small, but it is always advisable to take preventive measures to protect yourself.
A Public Health Nurse provides consultation, education and services to families who are struggling to rid themselves of lice. Families may be referred to Public Health through schools, primary care providers, child care, Head Start, Social Services or self.
Morrison County Public Health Staff provide follow up on any reported contagious disease and collaborate with the MN Department of Health. Consultation and education is provided to schools, childcare facilities and county residents about communicable diseases.
- Lyme Disease Basics - Lyme disease information. Includes transmission, prevention, common signs and symptoms, diagnosis, treatment, and answers to frequently asked questions.
- Lyme Disease Statistics and Maps - Statistics and maps for Lyme disease in Minnesota and the United States.
- Lyme Disease Information for Health Professionals - Guidelines, resources, and other clinical information; and required reporting information.