Steps for Recording Documents
- Review the document for completeness and accuracy to insure that it meets the requirements according to Minnesota Statute.
- Verify that the correct fees have been submitted for mortgage registration tax, deed tax, and recording fees.
- Document assigned a sequential number, recording date and time.
- Index by Grantor/Grantee & various other fields.
- Index according to legal description.
- Verify indexing.
Scan the document and quality check the optical image.
Prepare documents to be returned to presenter.